January 17, 2011

My First CASE Study!

Can you believe I have been following the Case Study blog from the beginning and this is my first time actually participating? Me neither!

Here is the inspiration piece for this week's 22nd challenge...


And here is my CASE'd design...


I was inspired in a couple of ways. I was inspired to pull out this beautiful quote from Verve and I based my card on the sketch of the inspiration card as well.

I started by die cutting 2 of the same flower shapes from felt and stamping the matching image onto one with pink ink which I then heat set. Using my hot glue gun, I glued the edges of the two pieces together leaving a small opening and I stuffed cotton into it making a puffy flower.
I added a button to the center with some sparkle twine and a rhinestone and then added my sparkly leaves. I really like the way this turned out. It looks awesome in person! I really like how the sentiment panel turned out as well.

Make sure you stop by the CASE Study blog and play along. There are some amazing designers there and I really like the originality of this challenge and I think you will too!

It's been a very productive, crafty day!

Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket
Ingredients:
Stamps: quote from Verve
Paper: kraft(PTI), Blushing Bride(SU!), Urban Prairie(Basic Grey)
Ink: Pink Pirouette, Chocolate Chip(SU!), Raspberry Fizz(PTI)
Accessories: Delightful Dahilia dies(PTI), labels one dies(Spellbinders), ribbon(American Crafts), rhinestones, felt(AC Moore), small scallop border die(MFT)

8 comments:

  1. absolutely beautiful~!! love the colors and the sentiment~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, your card is just beautiful! Love the changes you've made!!! Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is drop-dead gorgeous, Laura! LOVE what you did with the felt flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! This is fabulous! Love the embellies, the sentiment, the COLORS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a stunning card!!! You should join us more often at CASE Study! Thanks so much for joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yippee! I'm glad you finally decided to participate, Laura! It's a gorgeous spin on our inspiration... love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh beautiful card! I love that gorgeous ribbon and the wood grain impression! Thanks for playing with us at CASE Study! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails