June 16, 2010

Color Throwdown Day, # 97!

Hieee!! Thanks for joining me today. I can't believe it Wednesday again! Today, Broni is our color hostess with the mostess and she has chosen a really beautiful palette for CTD97. I would like to personally thank her for putting these colors together. I love em'!
Here they are....ready?


Here is how I put them together.....



Now, I feel like (looking back at some of my recent projects) that this layout keeps popping up, but I JUST LOVE IT!! But this week, it was really inspired by THIS project by Dawn McVey. I just loved the stitching on the bottom panel to tie everything together.

So I started with a base layer of Not Quite Navy and added a Whisper White panel. I used my Marvy corner rounder to punch the scallops on the bottom and I stamped my background with Background Basics: Test Styles and Turning a New Leaf which are both from PaperTrey Ink. Then I stamped these pretty flowers from Stampin Up's Fifth Avenue Floral (one of my favorite sets of all time) and colored them in tones of Cameo Coral with my Copics, cut them out and adhered them to my stamped focal layer. I added a strip of Cameo Coral and a celery colored ribbon. I stitched the coral to the stamped layer and stamped my sentiment. I made this one a thank you as I am running low in my stash.

I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone does with these beautiful colors. Make sure to stop by the Color Throwdown blog and upload your challenge cards and as always, I can't wait to see your creations.
And don't forget to stop by and visit the blogs of the lovely and talented design team.

Tammy Hershberger
Broni Holcombe
Barbara Anders
Danielle Kennedy
Kristin Bueter
LeAnne Pugliese
Wanda Cullen, Guest Designer June

Did you see that LeAnne Pugliese is this week's Featured Stamper at Splitcoast! Make sure to congratulate her when you drop by and click HERE to view her beautiful gallery and read all about the FS challenge!

Before I go, did you notice that we are only a few weeks away from our 100th Throwdown Color Challenge??? You must check out the blog HERE and see all the amazing prizes from all of the amazingly generous companies who donated to make this celebration a HUGE success. You will not be disappointed. So get ready!!! It's right around the corner!

Thanks for stopping by today!
See you soon,
Photobucket
Ingredients:
Stamps: Background Basics: Text Styles, Turning a New Leaf(PTI), Fifth Avenue Floral, Three Little Words(SU!)
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Cameo Coral, Whisper White(SU!)
Ink: Copic Markers, Brilliance Graphite Black, Certainly Celery(SU!)
Accessories: Corner rounder(Marvy), ribbon(my stash), Crystal Fine glitter(MS), linen thread(SU!), glue dots(lss), sewing machine

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, Gorgeous, GORGEOUS! LOVE the little stitches across the bottom... it's so subtle but makes a perfect finishing touch! You rocked these colors, girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! OMG! Laura, this is just fabulous!! I love everything about it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, can I tell you that I absolutely LOVE this card? I have been hemming & hawing about that Fifth Avenue Floral set and I just might as well get it! SO beautiful and I love the leaves stamped on the background.....sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Laura, this is stunning!! I have this set and have never inked up that flower image...am saving your card for a future CASE! Love the stitching detail and overall layout - fabulous use of these great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, Laura! Love how you stamped that leaf image on the text!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Laura, your card is amazing!! Beautiful coloring and design...I love the portion of each color!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely a GORGEOUS card! I love the Copic colors you used on your flowers...did I say GORGEOUS?!! *smile*

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails