June 9, 2010

It's Wednesday! Time for the Color Throwdown Challenge!

Hellooooo!! It's Wednesday! So that means it's time for another Color Throwdown Challenge! This week, Tammy is hostess and she's got some great colors for you today!
And here's what I did with them:



I started with this adorable crab image from Bugaboo Stamps (digi stamp) called Beach Crab with Bucket. I bought him a few weeks ago and have been dying to use him. And now that I've cleared my schedule a bit I had time to incorporate him into this week's CTD #96.
As soon as I saw the colors, this little beach scene with the crab instantly popped into my head!
I actually don't own a single scrap of Cool Carribean so I substituted with this decorative cloud paper from K&Co and I tore a couple of So Saffron scraps for the sand which I sponged with the same color to give it a bit of texture. It wasn't enough after it dried so I went back in and used my VersaMark marker and hand-spotted the sand. I stitched a border on my sewing maching for some additional texture, cut out my focal image and added my computer generated sentiment, which I'm sure I've read somewhere before because I'm not that clever, HA!
I decided my card needed a little something else so I added the sun using a combo of So Saffron, Crushed Curry and Summer Sun papers. I think it turned out fun and Summery but not at all what I had in my head! Why does that always happen??!!
Anywhoo, thanks for stopping by today and be sure to visit the Color Throwdown blog to upload your CTD 96 cards and please visit my fellow design team members and leave them some love!

Tammy Hershberger
Broni Holcombe
Barbara Anders
Danielle Kennedy
Kristin Bueter
LeAnne Pugliese
Wanda Cullen, Guest Designer June

Oh, and did you see my post from Monday about the CTD 100 Celebration? We're going to have a really fun blog hop with our current team and past guest designers and there will be tons of prizes. Be sure to read my post or the CTD Blog to find out more about our exciting prizes from awesome sponsor companies!!!! Be sure to mark your calendar for July 7th and play along to win BIG!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Photobucket
Ingredients:
Stamps: Beach Crab with Bucket(Bugaboo Stamps)
Paper: Pumpkin Pie, So Saffron(SU!), Cloud designer paper(K&Co)
Ink: Copic Markers
Accessories: 1 inch circle punch(Marvy), linen thread, sponge(SU!), VersaMark marker(LSS), sewing machine, computer(sentiment), Cheddar Salad BTN Quill(font), pop-up foam dots(LSS)

10 comments:

  1. This little guy cracks me up! LOVE your sand---very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura, I just love your beachy keen scene! I had a big smile on my face when I saw that crab's expression...cool sand and sun ideas, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too cute, girl!!! Love your "beach" and that little crab is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You added some really great detail work on this super fun card! I love the unique way you created the sun and sand, and the dsp with clouds is perfect! Great job on cute little crab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGosh, that crab is CUTE! LOVE this little beach scene, Laura! The sand and sun are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! what a beautiful card! I love it!
    very cute! love the sentiment and all the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol!!!that is the cutest card great job

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shore wish I were there too (at the shore that is lol!) Cute cute card!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Laura, this is TOO STINKIN' CUTE!! I love it!!! Love how you created the sand and the sun too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails