June 22, 2011

Color Throwdown Wednesday Meets CAS-ual Friday!



Hi and happy Wednesday!!! I've scheduled this post in advance because I'm on vacation this week!!! Hubby and I are on the Cape with Keithie, our first trip away from home as a family!

This week Kristin is our Color Throwdown hostess and she chose a unique group of colors for us to work with THAT I AM NOW IN LOVE WITH!!!!!! Have a look...


I had no idea what I was going to do with this week's colors until I checked out this week's CAS-ual Friday Challenge, CFC7, which is the color blocking technique!


And here's what I did....



It's pretty straight forward so I'll spare you the deets but I'll just mention how happy I am to have these word dies and coordinating stamp set from PTI. LURVE them!

Want to play along at the Color Throwdown? It's easy and F.U.N.! Head on over to the Color Throwdown Blog to read up on all the deets and visit the blogs of the design team to see loads of inspiring creations using this week's colors!

Kristin Eberline
Broni Holcombe
Barbara Anders
Danielle Kennedy
Kisa Peters
Tammy Hershberger
Carole Burrage
Betty Wright, June Guest Designer

Have a great day!!
Photobucket
Ingredients:
Stamps: Wonderful Words Additions(PTI)
Paper: kraft(PTI), Blushing Bride, Cherry Cobbler, Sage Shadow, Basic Black(SU!)
Ink: tuxedo black(Memento)
Accessories: Wonderful Words dies, Cane Impression Plate, double ended banner die(PTI)

9 comments:

  1. FABULOUS CAS card, Laura!! Great way to use the color blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I love the simple yet so effective color block design! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super way to play with those colors! I'm so glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays! Great card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those words are DIES???? How cool! LOVE this sweet CAS design, Laura!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Laura, you totally nailed the colors and the layout is too cool! Love the word dies! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute, girl! Love how you used the color blocking technique, and kept it simple overall. Very striking :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE how you worked these colors with the color blocking! Great card!! Hmmm. Maybe I need that stamp/die set!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to put this question in the comment section here, but I couldn't find any other place for questions about your products... sorry if I missed it. But, I'd like to know the sizes of clouds and rainbows that your new dies make. Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Colorado Crafter Hi there! I hope you subscribed to the comments so this info gets back to you. I could't find your contact info. The sizes are as follows:
    Clouds
    Large:2.125 x 1.25 Small: 1.25 x .75

    Rainbows
    Large: 3.5 x 1.125 Small: 1.75 x 1.5

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails