July 13, 2011

Color Throwdown Wednesday

Hi there!!! It's Color Throwdown Wednesday and this week I'm your hostess! I chose a palette inspired by the Lime Twist papers from My Mind's Eye called Life of the Party. Have a look....


I actually went in a bit of a pastel or muted take on these colors. Here's my card.


I never like to post feeling like I didn't present my BEST work. Can I please just tell you that this might be the worst photo I've ever taken and this is so much cuter in person!! Do I always say that? HA! Last Minute Laura here did this project Tuesday night and photo'd it in the dark which NEVER makes for a good photo for me. I will try and re photo it in the morning for you if I can.

I love an out of the box use for any die, but ESPECIALLY dies from Lil' Inker Designs. When I saw Kristin Eberline make THIS card, I knew I had to give this technique a try. Yep, that's right....the flowers petals are made using our Rainbow die! It's super simple too. I cut two small rainbows from the die. Then I just used a mini glue dot to adhere the ends of 5 *bows* together individually and then formed into a flower. To make the petals slightly more uniform I just made the petals smaller and snipped off any extra.

I hope you'll play along this week! It's fun and easy to do. Just visit the Color Throwdown Blog for all the details.

We are each taking vacations over the next few weeks, but here is a list of designers that will be joining us this week. Please visit their blogs for loads more inspiring projects that will definitely have better photos!! Hee hee!!

Broni Holcombe
Barbara Anders
Tammy Hershberger
Carole Burrage
LeAnne Pugliese
Keva Brown, Guest Designer

Thanks for stopping by today!
Photobucket
Stamps: Hello Friend(Lawn Fawn), Love Notes(Verve)
Paper: Life of the Party(Lime Twist for MME), white(PTI)
Ink: Aqua Mist, Sweet Blush(PTI)
Accessories: Rainbows & Clouds dies(Lil' Inker Designs), button, ribbon(PTI)

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute!! I love the flower and the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pffffftttt! I don't care what you say....this card is awesome! I LOVE the muted colors and the way you ran with Kristin's "rainbow flower"!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto what Broni said... you're a goof! This is darling, Laura! I have to try this sometime with my FABULOUS Lil' Inker rainbow die!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails