October 16, 2008

Get a Big Kick Out of This One

Have you seen the new Holiday Mini? It's just full of great new sets and designer papers AND for the first time we're seeing something new. SU! has introduced a new partnership with Sizzix and have come up with a line of dies unique to SU! and is promoting the Sizzix Big Shot designed especially for SU!
This project was made using primarily Sizzix dies both from my local craft store AND from Stampin' Up's Holiday Mini. I sort of challenged myself to get away from stamps for the day and tried my hand at making a card that focuses on these new dies.
First, I layered a piece of Chocolate Chip dsp from the Hawaii Papaya dsp collection on top of Kiwi Kiss cs. Actually, I cheated here. I used a die from Sizzix called Frame #2 to cut a frame leaving me with lots leftover kiwi instead of wasting it unseen under the dsp.
For the layered flower I used Positively Pink and Pretty in Pink card stock and my Flower Layers #3 Sizzix die. For the leaves, I used my new Bird with Leaves and Flower die from the SU Holiday Mini. I used scraps over the images that I wanted so as not to waste paper. Notice, I used the center of the leaf image as a more prominent leaf to match the weight of my flower.
For the sentiment, I stamped Happy Anniversary (sentiment from my local store) in silver ink on Chocolate Chip cs and layered over Kiwi and punched each layer with my new Ticket Corner punch.
I then tied a ribbon which matches perfect with the Positively Pink cs. Funny, this is the "B" side of the ribbon. The "A" side is brown with large pink and green polka dots. It actually inspired the colors for the project and when I was done it just didn't "go" with my card so, I flipped it over!
My parents are celebrating their anniversary on October 20th. I hope they enjoy my card made especially for them!

If you like what you see here or you think I'm too winded in my explanation... please drop me a comment! I would love to hear your feedback. Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the colors and flowers that you used - gorgeous card :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails