March 9, 2009

Accordion Flower CASE


CASE, I think, means Copy and Share With Others. Well, I've been eyeing this card in the Sale-A-Bration catalog for weeks and weeks and I just HAD to make one myself. I thought this was going to be so simple. The instructions were simple, but believe it or not, I FUSSED WITH THIS DARN FLOWER FOR WAY TOO LONG! It's not as easy as it looks, but then again, is anything really?

Well, I thought this was so beautiful and bright and cheery that I had to make one for my husband's Nana who is celebrating her birthday today, but in the hospital, unfortunately. We think she'll be home in a few days and then we can celebrate this weekend, yay.

So, even though it looks like I copied this right out of the cattie, I did change a few things; I scallop punched the edge of the flower, I changed the middle by using a build-a-brad and the center of the circle stamp from the Polka Dot Punches set. I changed the stem and the sentiment and the way it's attached. And now that I've listed these subtle changes it makes me feel better to know I'm not a copy cat!

I made this accordion flower by using a 12in strip of Delicate Dots dsp 1.5in wide, ran it through my scallop border punch and feel it's still a bit too wide so my next one I think I will make .25 in smaller and see if it makes a difference.
Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Isn't that the way it goes what you think will be so simple turns into a headache. Well it seems you won the battle because your card is very pretty I love the long lean look and the flower is perfect .

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out supah cute Laura! great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been wanting to case that same card too! Fabulous job, Laura! Love the scallop flower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think it is beautiful and now I have to try it too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute and simple-looking. and spring...ahh..i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ha ha ha ha ha...I'm lauging WITH you, not AT you...LOL.... I had the same problem...gosh it LOOKED so easy...what they don't tell you is that when you flip the "flower" in, it's like holding onto a snake...and you'll need a 3rd and 4th hand to put the glue dot on it and THEN the circle...LOL...oh yes, I FEEL your accordian flower pain...and btw...it LOOKS AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out awesome. I've been wanting to try that out but have butterfingers when it comes to folding!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well it turned out FANTASTIC! Don't ya hate when you start a "simple" project, & it takes hours....days, maybe? LOL!! Glad you kept with it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW...your flower looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome job!! I love this flower and the build-a-brad in the center is awesome!
    ~Lacey
    www.handstampedbylacey.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails