March 11, 2009

Mini Thanks



I made these mini cards yesterday because I needed just a little something to tuck inside a few packages that really showed the pretty papers and ribbons from the Sale-a-Bration mini catalog.

I now hold the secret to the accordian flower...Fan fold your paper entirely and never let it go. Put your sticky strip on the side facing you. Grab the other end and match it to the other without ever really letting anything go. This way all the points will stay pointing to the center and it is so much easier than anything else you've seen done. Then I punch two 3/4 in circles (one for top and bottom) which will really hold your flower together well. Place your flower on the table carefully and lay your scallop border punch on it. It will hold the form while you grab your glue dot.

Ingredients from SU!(for both cards):
Stamps: Botanical Blooms, Pocket Silhouettes(sentiment), PolkaDot Background
Paper: Sahara Sand, Bashful Blue, Delicate Dots dsp
Ink: Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Certainly Celery ribbon(SAB bundle), Linen Thread, Chit Chat rub-ons, scallop border punch, 3/4 circle punch
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I bow to you...oh master of the accordian flower...I bow to you! (thanks for the tip...and the cards are super fab...I really need to make little note cards and these are totally inspirable!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I tried to make an accordion flower after seing it in the SAB booklet, but had no luck. I'll have to try again because I love the look.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little cards!! So sweet and perfect for a gift package!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute cards! I love both of them...they are so different, but so perfect in their own way!
    ~Lacey
    www.handstampedbylacey.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wanting to make some of these types of flowers. What is the size of paper strips you need??? And did you use the scallop edge punch on the strip to make the flower also??? Just love your blog!!
    Thanks,
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  6. What size is the accordian fold base cardstock??

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails