March 21, 2009

Digital Stamp Oasis


Here is a card I made using my newly purchased digital "stamp" from Digital Stamp Oasis. This company was started by my new friend and blogging buddy Ellie and the images are her husband's art work! Isn't that the coolest collaboration? Please be sure to check out their shop at HERE Etsy.com
Digital is really the fastest growing trend in stamping and cardmaking and it makes sense; the images are affordable and stored on your computer instead of in a drawer. Plus you can make them any size you want. Digital Stamp Oasis's images were sent to me in an e-mail, then saved to my hard drive and when I was ready to use them I just opened up the file with MS Picture Manager and printed it onto Whisper White card stock! I was SO excited when the ink didn't smear, smudge or run with my Copics. YAY!!
Speaking of digital, I am currently working on a creation using products downloaded from Matahati Designs for my first Creative Team design! So, stay tuned!
Also want to mention that I made Suzie Squirrel's dress polka-dotted by coloring it and then tapping my colorless blender over it. This was Beate's technique featured in SCS's Weekly Inkling.
Ingredients:
Images: Digital Stamp Oasis, Three Little Words set(sentiment, SU!)
Paper: Stampin Up! Certainly Celery dsp, Whisper White cs
Ink: inkjet printer ink, Copic markers
Accessories: MS lace border punch, Certainly Celery (SAB ribbon bundle)
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, this is fabulous! I love your coloring, and what an awesome idea to make those polka dots. I was trying to think how to make the dress "textured", I thought about printing it on designer paper and doing the paper piecing technique with it. This is much faster!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Your card is really cute Laura and love how you did her dress...awesome work gf!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, what a FABULOUS CARD!!!!!!! Great, GREAT stuff! Love how you polka dotted the dress too...how ingenious!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute card, Laura!!! I love this image of Ellie's!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing how the simpliest thing can make such a big difference. Very creative dress design technique.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails