June 7, 2009

Needing Inspiration


I'm finding that the creative juices have ceased to flow. I'm overloaded with stamping supplies and find myself surfing the galleries at SCS for inspiration. I needed a card for my cousin's high school graduation and knew I wanted to use a chipboard owl from On Board So Tweet(SU!), but I couldn't even figure out where to begin. Ever since hubby and I have started house hunting I've lost my mojo and I can't seem to find my groove.
So, I found this card and I loved it and I had all these supplies so I, uh hem, simulated it and added my own embellishments.
Instead of the kiwi kiss ribbon to separate the paper layers, I added a strip of kiwi textured cs, scored it down the middle and cut slits to the line all the way across which I later bent and curled to make grass. Then I used a button embellishment tutorial I recently saw on SCS (but can't find again, sorry) and created what I like to call the button banner.

Ingredients from SU! unless noted
Stamps: Good Friend, Mini Mates
Paper: kiwi kiss textured cs, rose red cs, vanilla cs, good morning sunshine dsp
ink: chocolate chip
accessories: on board so tweet, hearts punch, 3/4 circle punch, kiwi striped ribbon, linen thread, kiwi button from button bouquet, glue dots

Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails