September 21, 2009

Baby Gift by Special Request



Good morning, All! My friend, Suzanne, asked if I would make her a baby gift for a friend of hers. She specifically requested an eclectic item that wasn't too baby-ish or too girly and something that could be displayed in any area of the house and for a long time. So I opted for classy but non-girly colors of brown, kiwi and blue. She also wanted for this item to show the baby's birth details.
I've seen a lot of these types of home decor items from various other designers on Splitcoast Stampers and I had been dying to make one myself and this was the PERFECT opportunity!
Here is a link to the design that inspired me the most which I decided to CASE (copy and share with everyone). I had this shadow box from a project I intended on doing and then never did. So I changed my project to fit this shadow box frame.
Ingredients:
Stamps: Season of Friendship, Pocket Silhouettes, Great Friend(SU!)
Paper: Kiwi Kiss, Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze cardstock, several retired designer series papers
Ink: Versamark, White Craft(SU!)
Punches/Dies: 1.25 square, 3 hearts, 3/4 in circle, scalloped circle, 1 1/4 circle, 1 3/8 circle, large star, scallop border, birds & blooms die(all SU!), small flower, small scallop circle (local craft store)
Accessories: glazed brads(Basic Grey), kiwi kiss satin ribbon, chit chat rub-ons, kiwi corduroy button, baja breeze button (button bouquet), filigree brad(all SU!), hemp twine (my stash), pearl stickers (Marc Richards), sewing machine, 'Love' rub on is from my stash, used Angelina font and Microsoft Word for baby birth details

I think I got everything. If you have a specific question about items used, please feel free to contact me.
Thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails