January 21, 2010

10% off All Stampin' Up Purchases Continues & A New Project!




Good morning, all! It's been a busy week..I can't believe it's already Thursday. This week just got away from me.
Remember to take advantage of my 10% off sale now through January 31st. E-mail me your order to lpryor1@hotmail.com and I will send you an invoice through PayPal, simple! Also, because it's sale-a-bration time, for every $50 you spend you earn a free item and have you seen the SAB items?? AWESOME!! Check them out by clicking the SAB link on the right hand side of the screen. You can purchase all the items I used to make this card at 10% off!!!
Anywhoo, I've been needing to make a sympathy card as the mother of the gentleman that has work in our office for almost 30 years just passed away and I wanted to make sure that I handmade something special for him. I knew I could make whatever I wanted as far as design and that he would appreciate it so I went for an almost vintage feel and added one of these poofy flowers that I've been wanting to make. I first saw them on Dawn McVey's blog HERE which you must check out because there's an awesome video tutorial.
I didn't use the vintage children's stories as she did. I would think this would be the best paper to use and much lighter in weight than what I used, but sometimes you have to improvise, right??? So to make that vintage paper look, I stamped my French Filigree background in Chocolate Chip ink onto Very Vanilla card stock and punch out five scalloped circles. I distressed each of the circles with Antique Linen distressing ink from Ranger and then followed the rest of Dawn's tutorial as far as how to scrunch and add a button, but mine is from SU's button latte collection.
As you can see I took a bit of inspiration from Dawn's layout too. Isn't her card unbelievably beautiful? I'm a new fan of hers and am following her blog now. I'm just loving what she does.
Keith looked at this one and said what happened to the stitching and I told him it's supposed to be like that and he said, yeah right!!! But I wanted to give it an antique feel and straight stitches just didn't seem to work, right??
Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!
Photobucket
Ingredients all from SU unless noted
Stamps: Friends 24-7(pg 100 IDBC), French Filigree background(p 133)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, retired dsp that I can't recall the name of, ha!
Ink: Chocolate Chip, VersaMark, inkjet printer(sentiment with BrochScript Font), Antique Linen(Ranger)
Accessories: scallop border punch, scallop circle punch, machine stitching, sponge, button from button latte collection

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails