January 14, 2010

10% Off Stampin' Up! Continues & A New Project



Thank you to those of you who have taken advantage of an additional 10% off their recent Stampin Up! purchase. I'm glad to have been able to make this such a great sale in addition to Sale-a-bration!! Please contact me for more details at lpryor1@hotmail.com. This sale will continue through January 31st! You can read more about my sale and sale-a-bration in my previous post below.

So I made a commitment the other day to take better photos. My first step was to purchase this tabletop light box studio. It was $20 on eBay and I just experimented with it last night. It was really cool and all came in this carrying case which unfolds and voila turns into your studio. It also comes with two lights which you can arrange on either side of your project giving you ample light control and comes with a tripod for super still photos!!

So the pictures of these projects were taken at night on my kitchen table and I have no overhead light there. (Don't even get me started...it' so dark at night in that place in the kitchen...Hubby says we can call an electrician after get our taxes back. Yahoooo). I digress..... What I plan to do is retake these photos today with natural light assistance and take some pictures of the lightbox studio so you can see for yourselves.

In the meantime here is the latest project. During Christmas Bath and Body Works has the best sales and I picked up 8 of these soaps for $20 and they are usually 5 each, so yay. I also picked up a stack of nine pretty little hand towels at TJ Max for $5 and they coordinated with my soaps so I attached one to each.




I used the Stampin' Up Dreams du Jour set (pg 99 IDBC) (currently 10% off if you take advantage of my sale) to create this quick and pretty magnet/tag which I hand water colored using my aqua brush, ink pads and markers all from Stampin' Up! I love to watercolor with the aquabrush because it doesn't make a mess!!! I cut out the design using my circle nesties and mounted it on a scalloped circle and then used some organza ribbon from my stash to top it off.
I rolled the wash cloth and tied it to the soap with some coordinating ribbon from my stash which I got for a dollar and used some gold twine to attach the tag to the gift. All pretty cost effective and now I have a handful of little gifts to pass out when I need them!!!! And the recipient can add my little artwork to their fridge if they like!
Thanks for stopping by today. I will be back later with the natural light and lightbox studio pics I mentioned above and stay tuned as I'm working on some really cute projects for Valentine's Day!
Ingredients all SU unless noted
Stamps: Dreams du Jour
Paper: watercolor paper, Cameo Coral, Certainly Celery
Ink: Stazon Black, So Saffron, Cameo Coral, Barely Banana, Blush Blossom, Yo Yo Yellow, More Mustard
Accessories: Aqua Brush, organza ribbon and gold twine(both retired SU), circle Nesties(Spellbinders), coral ribbon and yellow sating ribbon $1 bin at AC Moore
Other: Hand towels and Hand Soaps
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails