February 12, 2010

10% Off Stampin Up Purchases! Valentine's Cards Full of Happy Accidents






Hello all! As you read a few days ago I decided to extend my 10% off through March 31st which coincides with SU's Sale-a-Bration. Don't forget to e-mail all orders to me at lpryor1@hotmail.com!!
Here are a couple of Valentine's cards I've put together....sometimes I loose my mojo, can you relate? When this happens I like to go back to my SU catties and CASE a project to sort of jump start the creativity process.... As you can see here I've CASE's this "Love U" card from the recent Occasions Mini catalog, but I changed a few things to make it my own. This little card literally made me buy the I {love} Love Jumbo Wheel, a product I almost never buy! I added some punched blue hearts along the bottom and another red strip above to sort of frame it up. Also, I used a chipboard "U" that I sewed a button onto and I changed up the ribbon treatment a bit to make these little flaps.
For my next card, I started by knowing I wanted to make a ribbon skirt. I won't even bore you with how many time I tried and failed at this. I even broke my sewing machine!!! I ended up using double stick Tombo to create this effect. I used the love wheel here again, layered it over my ribbon catastrophe and punched a few small hearts from my three hearts punch and then added the scallop border. Oh and nothing like a slightly crooked rub-on sentiment to tie this disaster together!!! Oh and to make matters worse, some how there was cat hair on my rub-on which permanently stuck itself to my card which I had to go back in and trim away!!! UG!!! The end result isn't all that bad but for a small and simple card MAN was this a mess. I guess that's how it happens sometimes. I think the painter Bob Ross called them "happy accidents". I used to want to stay home from school to watch him and the Price is Right!! Ahhahaha
Anywhoo...I hope you have a lovely Valentine's Day weekend. Please e-mail me your Stampin Up Orders. I will send you an invoice through PayPal so you can have a secure checkout and enjoy 10% off. Don't forget that you can earn a free SAB product for ever $50 you spend so a GREAT, SUPER, FANTASTIC time to make your purchases!!
Love ya!
I'll be back in a day or so with a baby project I've been working on and a couple more Valentine's cards.
Photobucket
Ingredients
Stamps: I {love} Love Jumbo Wheel
Paper: Real Red, Bashful Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Pretty In Pink, Chocolate Chip
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Only Orange, Real Red, Pretty In Pink, Old Olive
Accessories: chipboard letter, old olive button, needle, thread, three hearts punch, scallop border punch, old olive ribbon, pinking hearts punch, rub-ons, real read polka-dot ribbon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails