May 5, 2010

A New Release & MORE EXCITING NEWS!!!

I have so many things I want to talk about today!!! I have a super cute new release to share with you from Chi Chi Memories AND I have MORE EXCITING NEWS to share with you today.......I have been keeping this one a secret for WEEKS and have been dying to tell you that I've been asked to be the Guest Designer for May at The Color Throwdown Challenge !!!!!!!!!!!! YAHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

So let's start things off shall we? Since it's my first week as the Guest Designer at the Color Throwdown I decided I would make two cards using this week's colors...

I couldn't resist. I loved the combo after working with it!

My first card was created using the CTD91 challenge colors AND this week's new release from Chi Chi Memories; Freddie the Elephant! Awww, he's the sweetest!


I printed Freddie onto Kraft card stock from Stampin' Up and colored him with Copics. I used the "out of the box" technique I learned from SCS when cutting him out with my rectangle nestabilities and used last week's sketch challenge also from Splitcoast Stampers, SC278. I added a computer generated sentiment "Love You Tons" which I thought was cute paired with this (not so) little guy.

I also used a ribbon technique on this card I learned by watching a video tutorial at the Papertrey Ink blog posted by Nichole Heady. This month each of the senior design team members of PTI shared some of their ribbon technique tips and tricks. I watched all of the videos and I have to say it was time VERY well spent....great stuff!


Please visit the Chi Chi Memories store to pick up your copy of Freddie the Elephant for only $1.99. And stay tuned because next week's release will not disappoint!

And just a little something extra for you today....I enjoyed working with this week's Color Throwdown Challenge colors so I decided to make another card to share with you today. I made this card for a bridal shower I have in a couple of weeks. The bride is really fun and funky and I thought her card should be too! Lots of little details here; umbrella die cut, rhinestones, stitching, Urban Prairie paper from Basic Grey. I love love love how this turned out and I think my friend will too!




Thanks so much for stopping by today!
I will see you VERY soon with a new release from Chicken Girl Designs, Chi Chi Memories and I will be back again next week with the gals at the Color Throwdown Challenge!
Photobucket
Ingredients Card 1
Stamps: Freddie the Elephant(Chi Chi Memories)
Paper: Kraft, Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Kiwi Kiss, Kraft, Sweet Pea dsp(all SU!)
Ink: Copic markers, craft white(SU!), ink jet printer(sentiment)
Accessories: rhinestone brads and Old Olive ribbon(SU!), rectangle and scallop rectangle nestabilites(Spellbinders)

Card 2
Stamps: Piece of Cake(Papertrey Ink)
Paper: Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, Basic Black(SU!), Urban Prairie(Basic Grey), grid paper(Cosmo Cricket's Girl Friday Collection)
Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: scallop border punch(SU!), umbrella die(QuicKutz), rhinestones(my stash), machine stitching

9 comments:

  1. great job Laura! Love both cards! love the line paper you used behind the umbrella card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are very cute, Laura! I love how you printed the elephant on the Kraft--clever! So glad you are playing with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love LOVE your Freddie card! and the BG on the 2nd card of course is just YUMMY! Great work and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy you're joining us for this month, Laura! And so glad you liked this first color combo! Both of your cards are just adorable! I love how you used the out-of-the-box technique on the cute elephant card and I'm just in love with the beautiful umbrella shower card!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE both of your cards, Laura! The elephant is fabulous colored with Copics, and I love what you did with the ribbon on that one! LOVE the second card, too with the ledger paper, the stitching and the dainty scalloped border! We're THRILLED to have you on the team this month!!! Your designs rock!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love both of your cards, Laura!!! That elephant is just too cute, and the second one is perfect for a shower! It's so good to have you with us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tow stunning cards Laura loving the papers and designs on both of them and congrats on your GDT spot.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! So thrilled for you Laura! I love your creations! Fabulous!
    :) Rach

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations, girl!! These cards are awesome! That Freddie card is stunning. Fab use of colours and layers!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails