November 10, 2010

Last Minute Laura Strikes Again!

So I have a problem! I think and think and think all week about what I'm going to do for the upcoming Color Throwdown and I never allow myself enough time to get into my craft room and create something without any pressure to get it done. So I start on Tuesday nights and then I panic when my design is looking like poop! HA!
So I am here, but I am late with my design, but, alas, I'm here afterall!
This week the colors are AWESOME!! Check it...

Seriously, Cherry Cobbler is awesome wih Soft Suede and my all time FAVE, Kraft. No, I'm not calling it Crumb Cake. I don't care that they changed the name. To me it's kraft!
So it occured to me that I wanted to play around with my Chicken Girl sets so I pulled out Just Skating By and It's A Snow Day. Combined with this week's colors and this week's Mojo Monday Sketch #164 here's what I came up with:

I took some creative liberties with the sketch. FOr instance, I went with a squarish card instead of the traditional A2 and somewhat altered the placement of my sentiment. I am glad I put fresh eyes on my card this morning instead of posting the dog I created last night :)

Ready to play along?? Just make a card using the Color Throwdown Challenge colors and upload it to the Color Throwdown blog using the InLinkz service. No Cherry Cobbler or Soft Suede? No worries! Just use what you have that's close!
Be sure to stop by and visit the blogs of the rest of the design team for some AWESOME inspiration!
Tammy Hershberger
Kristin Bueter
Broni Holcombe
Barbara Anders
Danielle Kennedy
And our new Guestie for November, Lynn Put
Thanks for stopping by today!
Photobucket
p.s. apparently I like to say *awesome* because I think is said it 4 times or so in this post! HA! It's the Boston in me :) What can I say, if you're here, you're AWESOME! HA!
Ingredients:
Stamps: Sentiment Flags(Lil' Inker Designs)Just Skating By, It's a Snow Day(Chicken Girl Designs)
Paper: Kraft(PTI), Cherry Cobbler, Soft Suede, Very Vanilla(SU!)
Ink: Ridinghood Red, Chocolate Chip, Craft White(SU!)
Accessories: Sentiment Flags die(Lil' Inker Designs), Christmas & Thin Ice embossing folders set(Basic Grey & Sizzix), large scallop circle and circle nesties(Spellbinders), Linen/Canvas Texture Plate(PTI), Ridinghood Red ribbon(SU!), button die(Sizzix), baker's twine(Paper Treats on ETSY), rhinestone(my stash), scallop border punch(SU!), snow glitter(Martha), sewing machine and burgundy thread(my stash)

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is Awesome ;)
    The little deer image is adorable and I love your bow button treatment!
    Great job with both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an AWESOME card, girlfriend ;-) Seriously, it's too cute! Lovin' that reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is too cute! LOVE all that texture and that adorable reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This turned out so cute, Laura! LOVE the embossed background, AND the background you created with the sentiment! Wonderful design!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails