January 15, 2011

MFT Valentine & Sketch Challenge



Hello! Just a lil' post today. I've been working on a fun project for the MFT Wednesday sketch challenge MFTWSC2. I've been dying to start some Valentine's Day cards and today was the perfect day with a it of a break as Keithie is out with Nonna and Papa for a few hours...Bliss!

This is the sketch! Check it out! Perfect for Sentiment Flags!


I had downloaded this cutie pie Pure Innocence digi from digistampcharacters on ETSY, but you can buy clear stamps featuring PI images right from My Favorite Thinga! I knew I wanted to use it with this sketch to jump start my holiday cards and here's what I did...



I started by coloring my image adding a little ruffle detail to the hem of her dress and sleeve and then adding in white polka dots with my gel pen and then sponging the edges with Amethyst ink for a soft effect and adding some glitter gel to the heart. Then I pulled my papers together for the layout. You can imagine I jumped right on this sketch is is works PEFECTLY with the first release from Lil' Inker Designs, Sentiment Flags!! And it's been a bit since I pulled "her" out so I was so excited to play! YAY!! It's the perfect addition to any card, IMHO!

I, of course, just got a Cricket from Big Keith. He came home on day week before last and said "look what I got you" and I was SPEECHLESS! That never happens! It's SOOOO cool. Just the George and Basic shapes cartridge it comes with has proven SO awesome. I have tags and 2 styles of hears ON DEMAND AND it has OVALS! And I don't have any oval nesties so I'm so excited!!!

Anywhoo, gotta fly for now! So many cards to make, so little time before Little Keith returns home from his play time with Nonna and Papa!

Thanks for stopping by today!
Photobucket
Ingredients:
Stamps: Sentiment Flags(Lil' Inker), Pure Innocence digi (digistampcharacters on ETSY), Baby Button Bits(PTI)
Paper: Real red, Orchid Opulence, Almost Amethyst(SU!), Sweet Talk(K&Company)
Ink: Copic markers, white gel pen, Elegant Eggplant(SU!), Brilliance Graphite Black
Accessories: Sentiment Flag die(Lil' Inker Designs), black striped ribbon(SU!), red glitter gel(Studio G), button, silver pearl(my stash), bakers twine(The Twinery), heart cut out(Cricut, George & Basic), paper crimping tool(Fiskars)

2 comments:

  1. DARLING card, Laura! I LOVE her purple polkey-dot dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooops.... forgot to sign my comment!

    Sincerely,
    The Vest

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails